This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BalancedNewYear #CollectiveBias
Welcome to one of the best broccoli salad recipes in the world. Not even you can mess this up. It just falls into place. No fuss, no muss.
- ¾ Cup mayo
- 3 T sugar
- 3 T Red wine vinegar
- 2 Bunches broccoli, chopped
- 4 Strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- I Cup shredded ham
- 1 Cup shredded cheese
- 1 Red onion, finely diced
- ¼ Cup raisins
- ¼ C chopped nuts
- Blend mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Chill.
- Pour over salad
Broccoli Fun Facts
- Broccoli originated in Italy and has been cultivated there since the Romans in the 6th Century BC.
- It is a member of the cabbage family, making it a cruciferous vegetable. It’s name comes from the Italian word “broccolo”, the blooming top of a cabbage.
- Broccoli is very high in Vitamin C.
- Broccoli is very high in Vitamin A, which helps fit cancer and eye degenerative diseases.
- Broccoli is high in soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Thomas Jefferson imported broccoli seeds from Italy to plant at Monticello as early as 1767.
- Broccoli contains the anti-inflammatory flavonoid kaempferol, which helps fight against cancer and heart disease, and has been shown to be preventative in the onset of adult diabetes.
- California produces 90% of the broccoli grown in the U.S.
Broccoli Salad recipe pairs well with STOUFFER’S® Monterey Chicken, as well as other STOUFFER’S® FIT KITCHEN™ products. They’re tasty and satisfying meals that can help you kick off 2016 with a balanced diet plan. Sometimes you just don’t have the time to cook but you still want to eat better. Think about increased balance when it comes to your diet ideas. Planing ahead and scheduling can help you get the right amount of proteins, vegetables, and good carbs.
All STOUFFER’S® FIT KITCHEN™ products were purchased at Wal Mart. Visit the WalMartNestlé Neighborhood;and the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board. Follow their other social media sites on Facebook and Twitter.
How do you plan balanced meals for your family?