This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerfulProtein #CollectiveBias
So you are cooking for a date. Someone has actually agreed to come to your home for supper and adult conversation. That’s a great thing. They are going to allow you to cook them a meal. People usually avoid that situation until they feel pretty comfortable. If the person has agreed to come alone, they feel a little safe and have likely already decided that you are, in fact, going to hook up. At this point, dinner may not even matter.
While it would be helpful if the dinner tastes delicous, it’s not the most important variable. If the house looks fresh and certain details are added to the effort, that may be all that’s needed. The goal is to at least get a kiss. The sooner the better. It may be in your best interest to try earlier in the date than planned. It underscores the uncomfortable waiting time and doesn’t focus everything on the end of the night. Like Good Will Hunting. The earlier the better. It makes the cooking process more fun and it just may change the direction of the entire evening.
If this is a first date, you might want to have a few other people over to deflect your goofiness. They may be able to entertain when your are unable and if you ask them, they may laugh at your jokes. If you’re not bringing much game, anything extra can be helpful.
Dinner Date Tips
- Look Professional: The kitchen needs to look tidy because some time will be spent there cooking. Don’t have everything done by the time your date arrives. They need to see you in action. Make sure it’s clean and neat. With extra time, make sure the refrigerator is clean. If not, don’t let your date go there.
- Don’t Experiement: Do that one your own time. This is not the night to try out some new biscuit recipe you read in last month’s Southern Living. Have a standard meal that you can prepare easily. Find out beforehand if there are any food allergies or dietary needs. If your cooking sends someone to the hospital, it will mess up the rest of your night. An effective used to be a chicken cordon bleu recipe from an old cracker cookbook. It remains a dangerous tool. Ask your date if they have any requests. It’s good policy to make something like home-made macaroni and cheese or something similar that tugs at memories and heart strings.
- Vegetables: Just have them sitting out. It looks healthy and you probably need them in the recipe. Have your date cut some. Throw them in the garbage later.
- Involve Everyone: Get your date involved in the prep and cooking process. Have them cut vegetables or stir the gravy. Even if it’s something redundant and unnecessary, they should feel like part of the process.
- Bread: You should have a bread with your meal so you need bread recipe in your repartee. Don’t worry if your helpless self is unable to pull together a homemade bread recipe. Not everyone has the machismo to pull of a cornbread or cornmeal waffle. In that case, set yourself up with a store-bought french baguette or ciabatta roll. Put either of them in the oven for about five minutes on 350. Make sure the butter is on a plate or serving dish and has been sitting out for a while so it’s spreadable.
- STOUFFER’S®: It may come to pass that you are simply unable to read and follow a simple recipe. In that case purchase a couple servings of STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals. It’s perfectly easy and delicious. And what else are you supposed to do? If your house is in order and you’ve hidden all the kids and pets, the Bourbon Steak will not be the deal breaker. It comes with chipotle mashed sweet potatoes, seasoned broccoli, and red peppers. Exactly. You can cook it in the microwave and transport everything into bowls and serving dishes before anyone arrives. Smooth.
Head to Wal Mart and pick up some STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals. You are probably already going there for candles and toilet paper. Quick and satisfying, STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen is packed with protein and flavor. It will help you to look like a better chef than you actually are.Look for all the STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen varieties in the freezer aisle. With 25 grams of protein,each mouth-watering recipe only takes ten minutes to prepare. Meals include
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Rotisserie Seasoned Turkey
- Bourbon Steak
- Oven Roasted Chicken
- Monterey Chicken
- Steak Fajita
How can new STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen fit into your lifestyle?