The following dating tips are yours to adopt thanks to Schick Hydro® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #MakeItEpic Disclaimer: This article is geared toward the entire holistic approach to the dinner date rather than the food. Follow these few suggestions and it won’t matter if you can cook or not.
You have invited someone for dinner at your place and you want to be unusually impressive. Good idea. Crazy that they accepted, but this can happen. Listen to me and do what I say and you will turn a potentially cautious visitor into a purring kitten. A curious, purring kitten. Just by getting them in your space and behind your walls, you will be able to craft each part of the perfect experience. This is so important. In real life, anything can happen but by creating subtle perfections in the date experience, everyone ascends. Think about the atmosphere that comes with a casino, or Epcot. Total immersion.
Creating A Sense Of Place
The entire night should be viewed as an complete experience. Follow these tips to the letter and you’ll need a weapon to protect yourself.
- Music: This cannot be overstated. A perfect date soundtrack is a necessary cornerstone. It needs to be mellow, but not over the top. The music should get more suggestive as the night progresses. You can not go wrong with Motown. Have Marvin Gaye running when you answer the door. Be careful with “Let’s get it on”. It’s got plenty of great date songs but it comes on a little strong early. Most Motown will slowly hypnotize someone to the point where they turn to water.
- Location: While you don’t have to eat at the dinner table, it can’t hurt. There’s nothing more special than a fancied-up, set table. Think candles (not too many, it’s not a sting video), linen hand towels, and clean silverware. Even though you usually eat on the couch watching anime, not tonight. Maybe eat at the outside table. It will need a wipe down and a nice place setting. No Dora or stormtrooper plates. Not yet.
- Home: The house should be reasonably fresh. A dirty home is a dirty person. Clean everything from the ceiling fan blades to the blinds. Hide all comic books, mad magazines, of items of questionable nature (Heavy Metal?) Replace fishing magazines with bibles. Pets: Remove all trace of animalia. You should already know if your guest is an animal lover. If so, have the pet deloused and brushed and then use them as a focus of the evening. Otherwise, give them to your neighbors for the night.
- Kids: If this is going to be surprise, consider hiding the children. A garage or nearby culvert will do nicely. If they must be there, dress them up as butlers and maids. If it’s a lunch date, make them part of the yard and pool service. It writes itself.
- Time To Shave? If this article has helped you in any way, then thank the nice people at Schick for helping to Make It Epic. I hope your date package is so bullet proof that facial hair is a non-issue but let’s not leave that to chance. Maybe it’s time to tidy up a bit. The Schick Hydro® 5 Groomer is the only multi-purpose styling tool with patented technology that shaves, grooms, edges and hydrates every time. Even if you’re going with the lumber jack look, you may still want to clean the lines a bit. With a Schick Hydro® 5 razor on one end and an adjustable power trimmer on the other, this bad boy all-in-one tool eliminates the need for multiple attachments, making it easy for men to be stylin and profilin.
Schick Hydro® 5 Groomer just might help you look better than you actually are. If you’re real ugly, just trim the edges and leave some of that for the imagination. If things begin to go south, jump in with both feet. This video may inspire you to do something a little crazy, because sometimes that makes all the difference. Just make sure you look good when the hammer drops.
Shave, clean up, smell good. Fish are attracted to fresh/live bait. Although these lessons are writ to meet the needs of the helpless bachelor, they can be used by married people and members of the opposite sex. It’s merely a template for a successful formula. Feel free to make alterations as needed.