This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Who else would have them? #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBias
The Big Game is coming! Grab your shakers and face paint. Break out the dead cats and the battle sticks. Cowbells and confetti is welcome but just keep your hands off my pom poms. Follow this recipe for a delicious sour cream based dipping sauce and add it to your very own Snack Stadium.
- 1 T Margarine
- 1 Onion
- ½ Green Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper
- T Garlic
- 4 Jalapenos
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- Black Pepper
- 1 t Chicken Bouillon
- 1 llb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Sausage
- Heat oil in skillet
- Brown sliced sausage and ground beef. Remove and set aside
- Saute diced vegetables med oil until tender (about 15 min)
- Add meat back to skillet
- Add sour cream and remaining ingredients
- Add milk if dip is too thick
- saute forever
What is the Big Game? Why is it so big? Is it because a loss will cause your father to throw a coffee table into the pool? Is it because relationships based on years of trust and respect can be discarded like so many used solo cups? Some people think seriously about their religious beliefs. Some people get up in arms regarding their political views. Some folks really care about football. Makes about as much sense as anything.
This “dip” can also be used as a sauce for pasta or rice, or nothing at all. Keep some warm on the burner so you can replace it on the Snack Stadium when it gets cold. If someone’s team is losing in the second half, they are not going to ask nicely for you to heat up the dip. The are going to hurl the entire Snack Stadium through the sunlight and into the swimming pool.
Creating The Ultimate Snack Stadium
It’s got something for everyone and with little effort, your party patrons won’t even care who wins the Big Game. After all, it’s just football. Not everyone can be great. Follow this step by step tutorial and watch my vine video to create your own unique Snack Stadium.
- Set up: Use a cookie sheet for your base and assorted bowls to house all of the other fun ingredients. There needs to be a stadium and a field.
- Drinks: Pepsi™ cans are used to create the perimeter of your stadium.
- Chips: TOSTITOS® Scoops are a family favorite. Lots of different kinds to choose from now, so mix it up.
- Candy: Skittles® are fun, tasty and will add color to your stadium. Separate the colors and you can have visitors on one side and home fans on the other. SNICKERS® are used as cheerleaders in the end zone. Maybe they are the band. Nobody cares. Everyone loves little SNICKERS®.
- Salsa: There’s no sense in making a Snack Stadium without it & TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa serves as the paint for one of the end zones.
- Spicy Cheese Dip: Prepare recipe as listed above. Don’t forget the jalapenos. They make all the difference. You can also substitute sausage for the ground beef. I can’t imagine it will ruin anyone’s game day experience.
- Guacamole with sour cream: This is what we used to create the field. A squeeze jar with sour cream is used to create the lines on the field. There’s a fifteen yard penalty for unsportsmanlike snacking.
- Assorted goodness: This is where you may have to add your own unique touch to make your Snack Stadium one people will want to revisit.
All products for our Snack Stadium were purchased at Wal Mart. Visit Wal Mart for more of everything you need and check here for fun recipes and snack stadium ideas. Follow their social media channels on Facebook and Twitter. Football isn’t going anywhere. If you’re planning on watching it the rest of your days, then begin planning your own Snack Stadium this instant.
Snack Stadium Video: Watch and learn grasshopper. It’ s fun to make because you get to sample everything as you’re putting it together. Feel free to test with your fingers and double dip. It’s good to be the king.
Is this fun or what? It’s only football so it’s really no big deal. Snack Stadiums are kind of fun. I’m glad to say I live in a time where such things exist. Things are starting to get totally silly around here.
And if your team happens to win the big game, Caloo Calay! You get to celebrate every single day until the beginning of the next football season. You’ll be walking two feet off the ground wherever you go and you”ll never have to pay for anything. It’s called being a winner and it’s a great feeling. Many folks will never know what that feels like and for them, there’s always gymnastics season.