This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle #CollectiveBias Welcome to Tejano heaven, starring Willie Nelson’s ponytails and these delicious Grilled Steak Breakfast Fajitas. I think I just heard a coyote calling to his mate. The great thing about Texas is that every single house has a swimming pool. It’s incredibly hard to believe, but when they say “Don’t Mess With Texas”, what they’re saying is, “Don’t Mess With My Swimming Pool.” Think of it like this. If you are visiting friends in the Longhorn state, make sure they have a pool. If not, they probably aren’t really the kind of people with which you want to mingle. Most of what is now Texas used to be Mexico. I’ll have you know that these are extremely hot places. Cultural aspects of Mexico and Texas come together to form “San Antonio” style Tex-Mex cooking that is perfect for your next pool fiesta with your new friends. Listen amigo. This is a unique summer grilling recipe that is chock filled of authentic flavor that showcases HERDEZ® Salsa and fresh beef. Tie on your sombrero or cowboy hat, or whatever you wear to keep the dust and tumbleweeds from messing up your Lyle Lovett hair and stand back from the grill.
Reasons To Visit San Antonio, Texas
- The Alamo: Sure, they could’ve snuck out in the middle of the night. Completely surrounded by campfires of angry Mexicans as far as the eye can see, still no one stepped over Lt. Col. Travis’ fateful line in the dust. Well, one fellow did but I’m not here to cast doubt on that Frenchman. Everyone else got thrown on the pyre. In retrospect, it looks like he made a sound decision. The fellows who stuck around and tried to stave off Santa Anna carved out a crucial pioneer story for Texas and America. Remember the Alamo.
- The Riverwalk: I’m sure every decent city with a river has one of these but this river walk is the dinga-dang-dong. Shops, bars, and restaurants are littered with beautiful people all wearing cowboy boots. Herds of cattle can still be found wandering through the market square and if you manage to catch one, it’s a free steak dinner. Do you even know the junk they pull out of the San Antonio River each year? Shopping carts, computers, that cell phone you fumbled. Several people even fall in each year, as well. That is one tough look.
- Cactus Juice: Just ask Bobbie Cleland. She will testify that it will turn a cloudy day sunny. Who said testify? Try one at the historic Menger Hotel in downtown San Antonio or enjoy a classic margarita while you check out bullet holes left in the wall by Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders during the Spanish-American War. Remember the heat? Sitting in the Menger with a tall Cactus Juice you won’t.
HERDEZ® Salsa is a fresh & delicious salsa that’s centered around authentic flavors. It’s the perfect salsa for enjoying time with family and friends. It’s even good if you don’t have any family or friends. Just keep it around and new ones are bound to show up. Kids in the pool, dogs in the yard, pop’s on the grill, keeping it real.
“White faced cattle lowing, sagebrush everywhere. Granite spires are standing all around.
I tell you folks it’s heaven, to go riding down the trail. And watch the desert sun go down” Gene Autry and Smiley Burnett
— Jason Nail (@NailTravels) August 12, 2016
Head to the authentic salsa style homepage and fetch some serious recipes for yourself, señor guapo. Waste no time visiting their social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Are you ready to have your mind blown? Our beef and HERDEZ® Salsa Casera were purchased at Wal Mart so obviously I didn’t flunk flank. Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. There’s probably plenty more you could learn about Wal Mart. Get recipe inspiration and beef nutrition information at Beef “It’s what’s for dinner” site and your next grill night will be muy perfecto . Don’t forget the HERDEZ® Salsa Casera. It surely puts the “b” in delicious. “Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner”
- 1 lbs skirt or flank steak
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 to 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- Sour Cream
- Heat oil and garlic in a skillet
- Add in sliced peppers and onions; let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until they begin to soften
- Add two tablespoons salsa
- Add in paprika, cayenne salt, garlic powder, salt, and lime juice
- Lower heat to low and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes
- Season flank steak and grill on high until done (about three min per side)
- While cooking, scramble eggs with ⅛ cup water
- Add ¼ cup cheese and scramble
- Don't play with your eggs too much and don't overcook
- Pile fajita peppers and onions on your plate, top with eggs and steak and serve with avocado and salsa
There’s only a few months left in pool and grill season so get out there with amigos y familia. Don’t wait to have fun tomorrow. Today might be your best day. Great gravy, it’s mango and avocado season. What more do you need in your charmed life?