It’s the twenty-five year anniversary of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando. Our travel team was recently invited to enjoy a night cruising with the ghosts, ghouls, and zombies, and with our RIP tour guides, we were able to visit all nine of the haunted houses. Maybe you need to see for yourself how much insanely fun it really is. If you dare.
During Halloween Horror Nights, the streets of Universal Studios Florida are transformed into five unique scare zones – filled with more Halloween fun than ever before. And of course there are hordes of chainsaw-wielding psychopaths that could be waiting at every dark turn. For thirty select nights through Nov. 1, guests can experience theme park fun by day and become victims of their own horror film by night. So good.
Halloween Horror Nights Haunted Houses
This year, the number of haunted houses has grown to nine, the most ever. Get ready to weave your way through elaborate mazes where filled with terrifying scenes and freakish characters. Take a friend, you may want someone to grab on to.
- Witness the final battle of evil vs. evil in “Freddy vs. Jason”
- Relive classic scenes from the season of AMC’s “The Walking Dead”
- Step inside the most horrifying scenes from the “Insidious” film series
- Face masked vigilantes who are hunting you as they are entitled in “The Purge”
- Fend off ferocious werewolves in “An American Werewolf In London” – one of the top-rated haunted houses in Horror Nights history
- Risk your life in four of their original haunted houses, including Body Collectors: Recollections; RUN: Blood, Sweat and Fears; and Asylum in Wonderland – 3D.
My favorite haunted house this year was Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem. It was a twisted celebration of their scariest scenes from twenty five years of haunted houses. We edged through the catacombs, blinded by strobe lights, as my escort tried to climb up the back of my shirt. Imagine trying to pull yourself through a haunted house, living gargoyles bursting out at you, while your girlfriend cowers behind you and squeezes on the diverticulitis in your small intestines. That is not meant to be a handle.
It’ s great Halloween fun! There’s no promises you’ll have as much fun as we did. That’s not easy. Our travel team is not only made up of some silly folks, but we also got the HHN25 RIP fancy-pants treatment. Our hosts zipped us through lines and haunted houses faster than we could scream blood murder. It was the perfect way to experience the Halloween celebration.
For more information, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/Orlando.