If you didn’t grow up with Impossible Taco Pie it really explains a great deal. This is likely why you can’t stay in an intimate adult relationship. If you do have a partner, it may explain why they are responsible for all your problems. Don’t worry. While withholding taco pic is tantamount to child abuse, those days are over. You’ll be licking this off your plate for the rest of your life.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Cup Onion
- 1 Can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilis
- 1 Serving taco seasoning
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Flour mix
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Saute meat on medium until brown
- Drain and return to heat
- Add taco seasoning and ½ cup water, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until moisture is gone,
- Remove beef and set aside
- Add onions and green chilis
- Cook on medium until tender
- Return beef to vegetables
- Mix ½ cup flour mix or Bisquick with milk and eggs
- Pour meat and vegetables into greased pie pan
- Cover with flour/milk mixture
- Cook at 400 for 25 minutes
- Remove and cover with cheese and tomatoes
- Return to oven for ten more minutes
- Remove and sit for five minutes
- Garnish with sour cream and salsa
This can be the easiest recipe in the world by using taco seasoning packets and Bisquick, but is that really what you want? It’s not much more work to have the whole thing be homemade and that’s just a good feeling. Like a warm squirrel in your pants.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
If you have the time and consideration, make your own taco seasoning. It tastes better than packets and you can make extra to last. Multiply the ingredients and make enough to keep in the pantry. You’ll taste the extra effort.
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional
Homemade Bisquick Mix
Bisquick is quick and easy but you can make the same mix at home with these simple ingredients. It keeps you informed as to what exactly is going on in your family’s bellies. This recipe makes more than the recipe calls for but you can cut it in half or keep some in the fridge for next time. This will be a recipe you make again.
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 T baking powder
1/2 T salt
1/2 Cup vegetable shortening
INSTRUCTIONS: Putting your baking mix together
In a large bowl, blend together the dry ingredients. Then, with a fork or your fingertips, cut or rub in the vegetable shortening until it is evenly distributed and the mixture looks like cracker crumbs.
This mixture will keep in the fridge for up to three months. Pura Vida!