This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StirImagination#CollectiveBias It’s six in the morning and time to get everyone up for school. It’s completely dark and you’ve been awake since five, since the guys at the loading dock next door began slinging around large pieces of metal for no good reason. Stevie Wonder comes on and that means it’s time to get everyone up and out the door. The efficient family unit can pull this off inside twenty minutes on a good day and this recipe for quick breakfast wraps with candied bacon is the perfect way to get everyone’s morning started right.
Make these the night before and wrap them individually so you’ll have breakfast ready every day of the week. You’ve got enough to worry about, like lost back packs and tangled bangs. When school and work begin so early in the morning, everyone likes to get that extra bit of sleep. If the morning routine can be as quick and efficient as possible, then everyone gets to enjoy a few more minutes of beauty sleep. If people are sluggish and confused, then we all have to get up earlier so as not to have those issues. Let’s be smart people.
Tips For A Stress Free Morning
- Set out clothes the night before: My son, like me, will would wear the first thing he pulled out of the drawer. The girl, however, routinely needed considerable more time to prepare her ensemble. Make sure all the school outfits have been decided upon and are sitting out the night before. You don’t want to be surprised by an unexpected stain. Big time saver.
- Have a routine: The alarm goes off and you turn on the kids’ light. That is their sign that it’s time to get ready. The includes getting dressed, combing the hair and gathering school stuffs. No day should be different from the next. Nobody wants to get up but that’s what we do. Give yourself some time to help your daughter with her hair. That’s a gift every parent should get to enjoy for a short while.
- Have things ready to go: Put backpacks by the door with any thing that needs to go. It’s silly looking for something when it’s time to hit the road. Homework has been checked and materials are packed and ready to go. By thinking ahead and getting everything where it needs to be, there’s less stress and more fun.
- Make breakfast before: This recipe for quick breakfast wraps with candied bacon are made ahead and individually wrapped so each morning you can toss a few in the microwave and enjoy then on the way. Make them good enough and your kids will be asking to have the for lunch as well.
— Jason Nail (@NailTravels) September 6, 2016
Candied Bacon Recipes
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and bake your bacon about 4o minutes. At that point you can eyeball it and see how crispy you want it. From now on, if you make something with bacon, add a flavor to it. Your whole life just got a little fancier.
- Candy Bacon: Brown sugar, white pepper
- Barbecue: brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, red pepper
- Italian: Brown sugar, parsley, oregano, basil, black pepper
- Cajun: Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper
- Hungarian: Hungarian hot paprika, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, corn meal
- NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Powder: This goes perfect with your on-the-go breakfast solution for the busy back-to-school season! One kid can be in charge of heating up the wraps while another one can be mixing the NESQUIK® Powder. It’s got 45% less sugar than the leading chocolate syrup brand and every bit matters when you’re talking about the health of your family. It’s chocolaty goodness is simply the best. There really is no better way to get started in the morning. Make sure those kids have cups with lids because you know they will spill something on the way to school. Remember, it’s all about stress management.
While chocolate is the word in our house, NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Powder Strawberry flavor is so good you’ll shake all over. Our powder was purchased at our local Target. Check out the NESTLÉ® website and visit their social media sites on Facebook and Pinterest. Take advantage of Nesquik Powder cartweel offer which runs from 9/11/16 to 11/24/16 and get 30% off a 10.9 oz small canister of Nesquik Powder. You know you love it.
- 1 package bacon
- 6 eggs
- 6 Flour tortillas
- Herb cheese
- 6 Provolone slices
- ⅓ Cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons corn meal
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Combine, brown sugar, garlic powder, white pepper, corn meal
- Dredge bacon in mixture
- Arrange bacon on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for about 30 min until preferred crispiness
- Scramble eggs with ¼ cup water, a little sliced cheese, and spices
- Slather herb cheese on tortilla
- Line with provolone cheese
- Top with egg and bacon
- Roll and cook at 350 for ten minutes
These also serve as a great lunch and don’t really need to be heated up if you’re not terribly picky. Add grilled onions and jalapenos when it’s time to get even more serious. Thanks for making Nail Travels your go-to for candied bacon options.