This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias This is football season and that means serious food for serious people. While the rest of the world is bogged down by issues like social injustice and inequality, our church has thousands of people chanting and singing together, in religious fervor. Tis the season for hard-hitting, homegating recipes aplenty. This Spicy Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese recipe is perfect for your next football party and halftime feast. Your pluck and grit will write your name in Crimson flame.
Bring out the flavor of football season with this delicious and exciting football-inspired recipe. Football season is a time that brings friends and family together. El Yucateco® adds the flavor that makes this dish a touchdown. Better yet, a safety and then a touchdown. Like the coach says, “The best time to score is right after you score”.
El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win one-of-a-kind tailgating and homegating packages and MORE!
Whether you root for the perennial favorite or that cow college across the state, there are a few non-negotiables that need to be in place for you to host a successful football party. Look on, young reader.
7 Big Game Necessities:
- Separate Television: An extra space to enjoy the game should always be a consideration. Perhaps you’ve invited a few tepid individuals who don’t particularly enjoy football. Sigh. In this day and age, it’s really sad that this can still happen If this is the case, you’re not going to enjoy sitting next to them while they spout on about religion, politics or all the people who passed away in 2016, while your team is down by ten points. You’ll just end up beating them with your grandmother’s cast iron skillet. Solve the problem now and save everyone the hassle.
- Drinks: While BYOB always works the best, a classy host always has drinks on hand for his fancy guests. The rule is simple. All liquids remain white until the third Saturday in October. After that, feel free to break out the brown. It comes with the cold weather. Women do the same thing with wearing white before Labor Day. I don’t know why we have rules, but we do.
- Snacks: Your guests may appear to be there to watch football, but really they’ve come to eat. Sure, the vittles will come out around halftime but if there isn’t anything on which they can graze, they may tear right into your curtains. Have some chips and salsa laying around to keep them busy during the first half. If you don’t feed them, they will surely attack for ribeye leftovers you’re hiding in the icebox.
- Talismans: This is included just to make the crazy people feel good. Nobody really believes that wearing that pair of lucky red and white boxers will, in any way, help your team to win. We pray to and stand by our necklaces, jerseys and power sticks but everyone knows that football comes down to one thing….hitting. Just because a team wants to win and thinks they really deserve it..Just because they play the same team twice and believe that it’s their turn….that don’t necessarily make it so. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the neck.
- Reliable Reception: You don’t want to be the fellow shouting, “Damn rain fade! Not now!” in the middle of the third quarter, as your quarterback has just thrown another interception. Remember that party where everyone was trying to pick up the game on their phones? I get it, the future is nigh, but that’s a tough look. Make sure you’re operating from your own independent power grid. Solar panels and wind turbines might be something in which you may need to invest.
- Spicy Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese: It’s here. It’s now. You own it. You love it. The alfredo sauce makes this the absolute creamiest, while the hot sauce adds extra flavor. Prepare it ahead of time and wait to bake it when you are absolutely sure you’re not going to need an onside kick to win.
- Look At You: I’m proud you got this far.
— Jason Nail (@NailTravels) January 3, 2017
- Box of pasta
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 11 oz Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups colby jack cheese
- Herb cheese
- 2 T butter
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t salt
- ½ t red pepper
- ½ t garlic powder
- 2 T El Yucateco® Red Habanero Sauce
- Add chicken bouillon to water. Cook pasta as directed.
- In a wide skillet, heat butter on medium
- Dice vegetables and saute until tender (about 5 min)
- Add alfredo sauce, hot sauce and spices
- Add crumbles of herb cheese around the dish
- Cook about ten minutes or until the sauce thickens a bit
- In an oven-proof dish, layer pasta, sauce, and cheese two times
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 for 35 min
El Yucateco® is the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce in the universe. You’ll know why when you use it in this macaroni and cheese. The recipe calls for two tablespoons, but you can blow that out of the water. It’s fun to write about hot sauce because we use it in almost everything we eat. It’s made from habaneros hand picked from their own fields, El Yucateco® sauces are made to deliver smooth flavor with the perfect amount of heat. It’s the #1 consumer choice because it’s a fun, flavorful brand that people enjoy and make a part of every meal. Ma Roux carries it in their purse so Tamiami will have it when needed. And that’s always. It goes tailgating and to restaurants and backyard bar-b-ques with friends. The options are absolutely endless. Get it?
Red Habanero Hot Sauce is made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, spices and seasonings. This is the perfect “all purpose” sauce. It packs a little more punch than the average hot sauce with less vinegar, so the true flavor of the pepper comes out every time. Red habanero is a great fit for everything from Hot Fried Chicken to Sandy Grits.
Green Habanero Hot Sauce is made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, spices and seasonings. Their green habanero sauce is their #1 seller nationally. It has a bit more heat then the red habanero but again has far less vinegar than the average hot sauce. The green has a crisp habanero flavor that brings out the flavor of any dish.
Visit the El Yucateco® site for recipe ideas and follow their social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. Our products were purchased at our local Wal Mart, with pleasure.
Thank you for making Nail Travels your first stop for fusion recipes and destination ideas. Keep up with us as we travel across the country this summer, in search of the lost city of Xanadu.