Kayak is the name for a small and narrow boat, It have invented and used by the first Eskimos who has lived in the cold Arctic region about 4000 years ago. Like most common boats, kayaks also have a deck and dividing into one or more cabins. It is also operated by the power of people which impact on the paddle system.
However, one biggest differences of kayaks with ordinary boats is the deck, It is covered with a hard water proof layer of deck lid that help to prevent the amount of water being splashed or spilled from outside and wetting the boat operator.
In the language Inuktitut of Eskimo, kayak means “hunter’s boat”. They use kayaks mainly to hunt on lakes, rivers, and even in the coastal areas of the North Atlantic, Arctic, North Pacific and Bering seas.
These days, Kayak is a tool to help you make fun and relax in life, do exercise, recreational fishing. Currently, many people are interested, so that let nailtravels.com find out about types of Kayak through the review below.
Types of kayaks
The earliest kayaks in the history of human civilization are divided into three categories which correspond to the three largest cradles that gave birth to kayaks: Baidarkas, East Greenland and West Greenland.
The common point of these 3 types of traditional kayaks is the core of the boat made by woody trunks which from Western Alaska or upper baleen horns from East Inuit, and it covered with thick skin of some animals such as seals, antelope,…
These traditional kayaks are usually made based on the body size of the boat’s owner. Boat length is usually more than three times the length of the boat owner’s outstretched arms, while the width is measured by the total width of the hips with two fists. The deck is usually deep equal the circumference of the person’s fist and the length of the thumb. Therefore, the average kayak is usually long as 17 feet (, the wide as 20 – 22 inches and the deep as 7 inches.
Over thousands years of change in human society, kayaks also have many improvements in terms of material and design. The core of the kayak has been replaced from wood to fiberglass, inflatable rubber (1950), Rotomolded plastic (1973), and finally the most popular material for kayaks is poletheylene roto-molding. The leather covering the boat frame has also been replaced with synthetic which with waterproof and highly elastic fabrics such as sc, synthetic nylon, etc…
Not only based on human strength, currenly some types of kayaks are also fitted with engines to help the boat push itself on the water, or replace paddles with mini fans operated by pedal on the boat. Some other parts have a big difference, such as adding or removing the number of sail, inflating the air chamber of the boat or using double hull instead of single hull, etc.
Modern kayaks can be divided into three main groups according to the purpose of use:
- Racing Kayaks: It’s usually long and narrow, with emphasis on movement speed. The width of this kayak is about 48 – 56 centimeters. If you don’t know, kayaking is an official sport of that Olympic Games.
- Travel Kayaks are also long and narrow, but larger than racing kayaks because it needs to increase capacity. The usual width is 56 – 64 centimeters.
- Recreational Kayaks: It’s usually for a small number of people with the purpose of excursions, should be shorter and wider. Its width is approximately 64 – 76 centimeters.
Interesting things when kayaking
Immersing yourself in nature
When you participates in kayaking, you will really feel the coolness of the waves, the freshness of earth. A feeling well worth the test.
After stressful working days, you will feel great when being waved in the middle of a large river. Floating on a small, and beautiful kayak, you will not only reduce your stress but also have the opportunity to explore new things adventure and energetic feelings. That is also the reason why kayaking is gradually becoming a “thrilling” sport that is popular with many people.
Training perseverance and courage
Only when you actually sit into a kayak and control it, do you really feel this. Water waves are not always quiet, and you must be acquainted with with the unexpected situations that may occur.
This gives you the opportunity to improve your senses, learn your calm and courage. Because if you are always shy and easily panic, you will not be able to conquer these kayaks.
After introducing the types of kayas, as well as its benefits and you want to experience the feeling of kayaking and combining recreational fishing, but on the market there are many types . So that, to make the choice that suits your needs and make the best purchase decision. nailtravels.com have listed some types of fishing kayaks from different manufacturers to make it easier for you to choose:
TOP BEST FISHING KAYAK FOR UNDER 1000
1.WDAM Fishing Kayak 130-12.96ft Foot Sit-on Fast Fishing Kayak with Paddle and Full-Day Support Seat
- With excellent carrying capacity 485lbs,WDAM 12.96ft length fishing kayak( w/ Journey paddle) ,weight only 88lbs, which is an ideal 1 person sit-on top of the fishing kayak for fishing , boating,sailing
- It has be effectively reduce resistance, greatly improved the hull performance,offering a fast,stable and quiet experience when sailing, especially in calm waters and turbulent waters.Many of my friends said WDAM were did the job for kayak enthusiasts and fishing lover
- It comes with 4 capped flush mount rod holders and active mounting point for most fishing rod,With seat on a Ergonomic design seat support a daily fishing without tired. WDAM kayak will do the best,you just enjoy the nicest moments in your fishing
- It setting with a cup holder near the seat,and 3 sealed hatches and large bunged rear tank, leave enough space to keep you fishing rod and to protect all your kayaking necessities well.
– With Extra practical Two Side paddle parks to help secure paddles when not in use, preventing lost overboard paddles, WDAM kayak are professional fishing kayak manufacture,any of your query or suggestion on our Kayak will be a possibility to come true,all WDAM kayak had a 3 years after sales guarantee!
2.Multi-Person Inflatable Boat Professional Drift Boat Thickened Leather Kayak Inflatable Fishing Boat Hard Bottom Rubber Boat Assault Boat Drift Boat (Color : Orange, Size : 2.6M)
- It freat for experiencing lakes and mild rivers solo, this Sports Series kayak is perfect for one adult. it inflates and deflates in minutes,You can take the fun of kayaking wherever you go.
- It Mades of environmentally friendly non-toxic polymer materials, streamlined design for Convenient boating in the water.
- There are grommets and drawstrings around the hull to keep you safe.
- With Inflatable floors and cushions give you extra comfort.
- It comes with multi-person inflatable water sports for lakes and gentle rivers.
3.BKC TK122 12.9′ Tandem Fishing Kayak W/Upright Aluminum Frame with Backrest Support Seats, Paddles, 4 Rod Holders Included 2-3 Person Angler Kayak
- With 12.9-foot long, 77-lb. kayak and wide, flat bottom for stability in multiple water conditions even when supporting up to 770 lbs. combined gear and paddler weight
- It has be located directly in the bow is a built-in rotomolded handle, the rear has an attached flexible grip; meaning that two paddlers can carry kayak with ease or one can tow with cart over various terrains like sand or grass.
- It is matched perfectly with 2 aluminum framed, mesh deluxe seats.
- It comes with each seat has a secure watertight storage hatch; kayak also features rear cargo area with bungee cords and forward recessed area that can be fitted with mesh cover.
4.Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 11 Foot Angler Sit On Top Fishing Kayak with Adjustable Hero Comfort Seat & Transducer Port + Rod Holders + Storage + Rudder System Included
- With 1-person sit on top fishing kayak – 11ft 62lbs fishing kayak that offers best of speed and stability
- It includes 2 flush-mount rod holders and 4 integrated gear tracks for customized rigging
- With Pre-installed toe controlled rudder system saves your energy during long paddles, windy days, and strong currents
- It has be large center console, 20″ front oval hatch, rear hatch and large bungeed rear tank well
- It comes with the dual position Vibe Hero seat provides comfort and support for long days on the water
5.Perception Pescador Pro 10 | Sit on Top Fishing Kayak | Multi-Water Angler Kayak | 10′ 6″
- It is your perfect first fishing kayak
- With lawn chair style mesh seat with 2-level seat adjustment and breathable mesh for ultimate all-day comfort and no pain
- It has leak-proof one-piece construction with built-in buoyancy for added safety.
- With large front and rear open storage for cooler, tackle, and other gear.
- Seat can be lowered for relaxed paddling or raised for optimum casting.
- With proudly designed, molded, and hand assembled in the USA.
- It comes with integrated accessory rails on each gunwale for fish finders, Rod holders and other accessories.
6.Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 90 9 Foot Angler and Recreational Sit On Top Light Weight Fishing Kayak with Paddle and Seat and 2 Flush Rod Holders and Built in Storage
- With 1-person sit on top fishing kayak – 9ft, 42lb, fishing and rec kayak perfect for throw and go fishing.
- It includes 4 flush-mount rod holders.
- It has V-Wave Center Hatch & storage wells in the bow & stern of the kayak.
With built-in ergonomic backrest and cushion.
7.Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 120T 12 Foot Tandem Angler and Recreational Two Person Sit On Top Fishing Kayak with 2 Paddles and 2 Seats + Flush Rod Holders
- With 2 or 3 person sit on top fishing kayak: 12.2 -foot 72-pound multi-person kayak perfect for fishing, travel, or family recreation – 500 pound weight capacity
- It has 2 flush mount rod holders with caps and 4 Mounting points for Scotty, RAM, or Railblaza mount rod holders
- It comes with two V-Wave Hatches with built in cup holders for safe housing of smaller items and rear cargo area with bungee tie-down straps for larger gear
- With 2 Phantom Grip Handles, 2 molded in handles at the bow and stern designed for heavy duty use and seats & storage hatches too.
8.LIFETIME Tamarack Angler Sit-On-Top Kayak, Olive, 120″
- With constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders
- It has Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Stable Flat Bottom. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- With two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder. Two 6″ Storage Compartments in Rear and Center
- It comes with two Paddle Cradles with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport. Deep Hull Tracking Channels
- With stability Chine Rails. Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty.
9.Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- With constructed of uv-protected high-density Polyethylene. Multiple footrest positions for different size riders. Stable flat bottom
- It has adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for comfort. Two flush mounted fishing rod holders. One top mount fishing rod Holder.
- With front and rear shock cord straps. Two 6″ storage compartments in rear and center. One paddlekeeper, one adult black paddle.
- It comes with front and rear t-handles for easy transport. Deep hull tracking channels.
- With stability chine rails. Durable high-density Polyethylene (HDPE) construction.
10.Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
- With 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use , NMMA certified.
- It has 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable protection from punctures.
- It comes with multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured.
- With airtight System is guaranteed not to leak.
- It has berkley Quick Set Rod Holders are adjustable for enhanced .hands-free fishing.
- With sevylor trolling motor fittings expand your fishing capabilities.
- It comes with paddle holders secure your paddles out of the way.